뭔가 어려운 개념을 이해하려고 하고 있다.
I’m trying to understand this concept..
이라고도 말할수 있지만, understand 라는 추상적인 동사를 써서 표현하는 것보다, 좀 더 비주얼적인 표현이 있는데…
wrap one’s head around
- [Definition] To come to a good understanding of
- and trying to get my head around everything,
- Now try and wrap your head around that for a second.
- trying to get his head around.
- to get your head around, which is why there is an entire branch of philosophy,
- Yeah, I can totally wrap my head around that.
- I’m still trying to wrap my head around what your thing is. (Love Happens)
- I’ve been trying to wrap my head around what it means, but I can’t. (Pretty Persuasion)
- I just can’t wrap my head around this. Were we doing anything different? (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia)
- You know, there are still a couple of things -I can’t quite wrap my head around. (Saw VI)
- So I took a little personal time out in Tucson to try and wrap my head around things. (Hung)
- “Twitter, I haven’t been able to wrap my head around,” he said (NYT)
- I honestly cannot wrap my head around arguments in favor of higher fertility rates. (Economist)
- I can’t even wrap my head around everything that happened, and I’m the one that went through it (NYT)
- I still can’t wrap my head around how people can cheat on their significant other but still look them in the eyes and say they love them.
- I really don’t understand why girls are literally so mean to each other…. I just can’t wrap my head around it
- I really can’t wrap my head around the fact that after I graduate I may never see some of the people I’ve known my whole life again
1. 위의 예문을 보면 알겠지만, 보통 부정적으로 많이 쓰이는데, 한국어 뉘앙스로는
“도무지 이해가 안간다..“라는 느낌에 가깝다
- I still can’t wrap my head around why you did this to me.
2. wrap 대신에 get 을 쓸 수도 있다.
- I still can’t get my head around why you did this to me.