A head turner walking
인생을 살면서 뭔가 아름답거나 신비하거나 인터레스팅한것은 다시보게 된다. 이런 의미에서 파생된 표현이 있는데….
- [Definition] if something or someone turns heads, people notice them because they look interesting or attractive
[From Movies & TV Shows]
- Maya, she could really turn heads. (Low Winter)
- Out here, your common or garden Ferrari or Lamborghini can no longer cut the mustard. So what do you do if you want to turn heads? (Top Gear)
- Men like Mr Park are rare in South Korea, rare enough to turn heads in parks. (Economist)
- It takes quite a lot of commotion to turn heads in Times Square, which has rather a lot of commotion to begin with, as evening falls. (NYT)
- Let the Olsen twins turn heads in Toronto, or Austin or even LA. (Economist)
- Your favorite artists (from Taylor Swift to Fergie) are ready to turn heads at Sunday’s awards show
- Turn heads this holiday season with our chic, modern take on the classic Christmas bouquet:
- Skinny girls turn heads, fit chicks break necks.
a head-turner 라는 표현도 있는데, 한마디로 head turn 을 하게 만드는 잘생긴 남성이나 아름다운 여성을 일컫는다.
이 표현을 소개새주신 Hans Kim 님께 감사드립니다.