(없던) 생각이 바로 안 떠오를때는 “I can’t think of it off the top of my head” 라는 표현이 있다.
그럼 (이미 하고있었던) 생각하고 있던 것이 멈출때는 뭐라고 할까?
프레젠테이션하다가 갑자기 막힐때나…
뭔가 친구에게 뭔가 잘 설명하고 있다가, 생각이 멈추거나…
에세이에 좋은 아이디어가 떠올랐는데, 곧 안되서 까먹거나..
이런상황에서 은근 자주쓰이는 표현이 있다.
“I lost my train of thought”
I lost my train of thought
- Lose my train of thought when I see her smile. Most beautiful when she’s angry. (Kate & Leopold )
- Probably, but I got to get this out… before I lose my train of thought. ( 40 Days And 40 Nights )
- Forgive me, I seem to have lost my train of thought. ( Topsy Turvy )
- l was in the middle of a letter to my wife, now l’ve lost my train of thought. ldiot! ( The Gathering Storm )
- Do you have any thoughts on that subject? Yeah. Oh, I’m sorry. I broke your train of thought. Please, keep going. ( Talk Radio )
- DAVID searches for his last train of thought, taking a huge swig from his drink. (Bean)
기차가 탈선한 형상을 본따서,
“My train of thought derailed”
라고 좀 웃기면서도 sophisticated하게 표현할수있다.
“My train of thought derailed and there were no survivors”