리더의 자리가 중요한 이유는, 그의 사상, 행동, 말이 곧 그룹의 ”분위기를 조성”하기 때문이다.
영화 300의 Leonidas 왕 같은 사람이 당신의 사장이라고 생각해보라. 그럼 어느새 당신은 당신도 모르게 스파르타인처럼 행동하고 있을 것이다 . 왜냐하면 그렇게 행동하는 것이 자연스러운 그룹에 속해 있기때문이다. 그렇게 Leonidas 가 톤을 맞췄기 때문이다..
set the tone
[Definition] if something someone says or does sets the tone for an event or activity, it establishes the way that event or activity will continue, especially the mood of the people involved
- He was furious when she arrived late, and that set the tone for the whole evening.
[From Movies & TV Shows]
- I think that flowers can really set the tone of a wedding. you know, roses are- are beautiful, they’re classic, they’re passionate. (Chuck)
- Let us set the tone for the new mliIennium… by making a historic gesture of forgiveness. (Mystery Men)
- Her words will set the tone for putting Toledo back to work (Melissa & Joey)
- You know, I realized this wedding is gonna set the tone for our whole fairy-tale life together. (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch )
- You set the tone. At this moment, it is you who are setting the tone. (Star Trek The Next Generation )
- We think California and New York will set the tone for everything else (Bloomberg)
- Barack Obama tries to set the tone for 2016. (Economist)
- i believe that you set the tone for how people treat you. what you put up with is what you allow. you receive what you settle for.
- Make your damn bed!! Set the tone, success is doing the small things well, it will translate, and at the end of your day your bed is ready
- A lot of leaders don’t understand that their actions set the tone for the culture in the company: