어떠한 감정이 강렬하고, 확실하고, 쭉 지속되었던 것이라면…
그 감정을 어떻게 묘사할 것인가?
예를들어 사랑, 충성심, 애증, 증오..등을 말이다.
the emotions are strong/powerful/real이라고 표현할 수도 있지만,
be 동사보다 강한 active verb를 써서 표현 할 수는 없을까?
- [Definition] If a feeling or problem runs deep, it is strong or serious and has existed for a long time:
[From Movies & TV Shows]
- Within our small community, rivalries ran deep. (Lark Rise to Candleford)
- Ebola was identified at a time when suspicion and distrust between the West and the Soviet Union ran deep. (Horizon)
- He understood that the hatred of the jews ran deep. (Enemy At The Gates)
- Emotions run deep within our race. In many ways more deeply than in humans. (Star Trek)
- The feelings I have for Fran run deep. (The Wedding Planner)
- I desire someone who’s thoughts run deep like the ocean.. Who’s feelings are extreme like fire and Ice. Someone who keeps me on my toes.
- My loyalty has always ran deep. If you don’t see or appreciate it? You will lose me.
- when need to resist becomes a craving to exist, find solace in the fact that feeling has returned where numbness once ran deep.
- The resentments of Dutch speakers in Flanders, who remember being treated as second-class citizens, run deep. (NYT)
- Conservative instincts still run deep in Afghanistan, as well as in other parts of the Islamic world. (Economist)
- The bloodlines that are part of the Kentucky Derby contender Verrazano’s story run deep, and not just with the horses. (NYT)