다가오는 일요일은 마지막 월드컵경기가있는날이다.
어떤 팀을 응원하는가?
Which team are you rooting for?
Rooting for somebody
Root for SOMETHING/SOMEONE: to cheer and encourage someone or something.
- Are you rooting for anyone in particular, or are you just shouting because you’re excited?
I’m rooting for the home team.
the whole of this club is rooting for him
- I need you to root for me. (Two For The Money)
- JERRY (friendly, dismissive) Look, let’s just root for a big offer so we can move out of this room to a real office (Jerry Maguire)
- That alone should make people want to show up and root for us. (Semi Pro)
- Believe me, dear, there’ll be plenty of people rooting for you to fail. That’s what makes it such fun! Bring it on. (What a girl wants)
- BURKE I can’t be with someone who’s not rooting for me. ( I’ll Do Anything)
- Those poor old people down there, they gotta have something to root for. (Slap Shot)
- I will continue to root for the LA Lakers as I have since I was 5
- I always root for the bad guy in the first Die Hard film.