언어에서는 발음하기 쉬워서 캐치한 표현들이 있다. 예를들자면…
- 치키치키, 차카차카, 초코초코 ~ 초!
- 피카피카 피카 츄!!!
- 구 - 글
- If a word or phrase rolls off the tongue, it is very easy to say.
- roll off the tongue 은 단어가 혀(the tongue)에서 데구루루루 굴러서(roll) 떨어져(off) 나오는 형상을 가지고 있다.
- roll 대신에 trip을 써서 trip off the tongue 이라고 써도 된다.
- The company needs a name that trips off the tongue.
- A: “Piccata.” That’s another word I like. B: Piccata. A: Yeah, it just rolls off the tongue, doesn’t it? B:Sounds like “Hotta.” (The House Bunny)
- We used to say Kurupt FM, like it or just lump it, basically. Yeah, but then I came up with a more One that rhymes, you know what I mean? Rolls off the tongue better. Aerodynamic. (People Just Do Nothing)
- A: “ O-H-Y-B, so for short, I’m calling it OHYB. Catchy. B: Might be tough to market. A: What are you talking about? It rolls right off the tongue. (Sullivan and Son)
- Well then, what do you suggest, Frank adventure? Something that rolls right off the tongue. “Adventure of super land. ” That’s not bad. Not bad (Good Luck Charlie)
- It’s just the other name rolls off the tongue so well.(The Guild)
- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke has mentioned two leading candidates: overnight index swaps and the general collateral repo index. Neither rolls off the tongue, but one is a significant improvement. (Bloomberg)
- Whether “Biotech Beach” will trip off the tongue as easily as “Silicon Valley” remains to be seen. (Economist)
- In East Hampton, Lily Pond Lane, a name that trips off the tongue, is rivaled only by Further Lane, a less-lyrical appellation, perhaps, but one richly suggestive of a place where the wealthy find refuge beyond the reach of the riffraff. (NYT)
- I just like the way “Krillin” rolls off the tongue.
- Brioche, ricochet, and ricotta, rolls off the tongue like Ray Liotta.
- “It’s fine” rolls off the tongue a little too easily
META & CONTEXT
- Is it a slang? No.
- Can I use it in an email? Yes.
- Can I use it in a formal setting? I wouldn’t
image source: Google Ngram
- the tognue에서 the 를 까먹지 마세요.
- rolls off a tongue (X)
- rolls off tongue (X)
- rolls off THE tongue (O)