약속시간을 엄수하는 것은 중요하다.
컨퍼런스는 “정확히” 오후 4시 31분에 시작합니다 를 영어로 어떻게 표현할까?
on the dot
- [Definition] at exactly the right time.
[From Movies & TV Shows]
- but you can only open it tomorrow at three o’clock on the dot (Star Trek)
- He would walk his dogs then leave his Gramercy Park condo at seven am on the dot. (Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps)
- Every day. Same time. Two o’clock, right on the dot. (Petulia)
- And eight o’clock on the dot. Right on time! (Ed Wood)
- We probably won’t be able to wait around so if you’re not there on the dot…well…if you’re not there, I’ll know you’re not comin’. (Day of the Dead)
- The din begins on the dot of 7 on weekday mornings, and 9 on Saturdays, with Sundays off. (NYT)
- With a slight echo of Spinal Tap (the loudest and most punctual rock group), they turned up at 8pm on the dot and delivered nearly three hours of music (Economist)
- It’s not strange for an employee of the SEC to leave the office at 5:30 p.m. on the dot (Bloomberg)
- 5 o’clock on the dot means a bottle of wine, a cheese board and lots of #hummus! #TGIF
- I wake up at 8 on the dot every single day…
query: “on the dot”
Source: Davies, Mark. (2008-) The Corpus of Contemporary American English: 450 million words, 1990-present. Available online at http://corpus.byu.edu/coca/.