어떤 것을 “완벽하게 해낸 것”을 요즘 미국 젊은이들은 어떻게 표현할까?
예를들어 이런 것을 보고 말이다.
You nailed it!
It means that you did it perfectly; you completed a task successfully or got something right
1. nail it(현재형) 이 아니라 nailed it(과거형) 으로 표현해야한다.
2. “무언가를 너무 완벽하게 해내서 감동받은 느낌” 은 발음에 달려있다. 밑 비디오를 꼭 보기를 강추해드린다.
3. 이 표현은 영어 표현 그 자체로 익히는 것을 추천하나, 구지 한국어로 표현하자면 “대박!”, “짱!”, “완 to the 벽!”, “완전 잘했어!” 의 뉘앙스를 띄고 있다.
- That was amazing! We totally nailed it!
- – Six billion? – Nailed it.
- DR: He sure nailed it, didn’t he.
- …I totally nailed it.
[From Movies & TV Shows]
- A: I’ve got some good news. Well, actually, it’s more than good news. – I nailed it. B:Nailed what? A: We’re in. I got it. The answer. The key. The master plan. I nailed it! (Duplicity)
- You nailed it, Jimmy. You nailed it. (Blades Of Glory)
- You really nailed it. – You were great. You were great tonight. (Cassandra’s Dream)
- It took three of us, crammed into the kitchen over a pot of simmering water, but, eventually, we nailed it. (Julie And Julia)
- I finished my Kabletown self evaluation! Nailed it. “My greatest weakness is humility. I’m probably the most humble person in the whole world. ” I wrote that. (30 Rock)
- According to some, he “nailed it“. Actually, he only partly nailed it; in some aspects his work contradicts his own analysis. (Economist)
- The guy nailed it. In the depths of their souls, that is exactly how unreconstructed New Yorkers feel. (NYT)
- Rehearse a presentation out loud until you’ve nailed it. (Bloomberg)
- Thank you so much for such an amazing season. You guys NAILED IT. Thank you for all the feels!!!!
- nice park job dad. you nailed it
- 64/65 correct, NAILED IT!! I think this calls for a beer!
[Meta & Context]
- Is it a slang? Yes
- Can I use it in the email? : Yes, in the casual setting
- Can I use it in the formal setting?: No
- Frequency: 친구들 사이에서 자주 쓰인다.