무엇이든 기틀을 잘 잡아놓는게 중요하다.무언가 처음부터 시작하는 것을 “from ground up” 이라 하였는데, 이와 비슷하게
ground를 써서 “성공의 기틀을 마련하다”를 의미하는, 글에서 특히 자주 쓰이는 표현이 있다 .
- [Definition] To create a foundation; to provide the basics or fundamentals
[From Movies & TV Shows]
- I am trying to lay the groundwork for a meaningful relationship. (Rules Of Engagement)
- I’ve laid the groundwork. I know the exact position of her room. I’ve made friends with her ballet master, Pimenov. (Grand Hotel)
- We are always the first ones in laying the groundwork for the other forces. (Home Improvement)
- we’re laying the groundwork for the people to achieve their own greatness. (The Legend of Korra)
- Can you get this program up and running? It would take some time to lay the groundwork. (The Event)
- Alibaba has invested $590m in Meizu, a Chinese smartphone maker. Laying the groundwork for real biz domination.
- OS X 10.10.3 has a bigger focus on emoji, lays the groundwork for a bit more diversity in smiley faces.
- What if you could lay the groundwork for a game-changing year in 1 day?
- Andrew M. Cuomo of New York has been laying the groundwork for an aggressive education agenda as he begins his second term.(NYT)
- What next? The groundwork has been laid for real progress. (NYT)
- At the time they were writing, the French had already laid the groundwork for the modern luxury industry. (Economist)
- Part of my work now is really laying the groundwork
- and establishes kind of a groundwork and a dialog.
- These marches set the groundwork