“바로그거야!!!” 를 영어로 어떻게 표현할까?
- You are exactly right!
- Your comment was spot-on
라고 말할 수 있지만 좀 더 역동적이고 신나는 표현이 있다.
“망치가 못의 머리를 제대로 맞았을 때” 나는 소리를 상상해보라
하고 나는 시원한 소리!
“바로그거야!!!“라고 말할 때 느껴지는 쾌감과
망치의 시원한 “탕!” 소리와 엮어서 말할 수 있으니…
hit the nail on the head
[Definition] to do exactly the right thing; to do something in the most effective and efficient way.
- You’ve spotted the flaw, Sally. You hit the nail on the head.
- Bob doesn’t say much, but every now and then he hits the nail right on the head.
hit the nail on “the head” 는 사람 머리가 아니라 “못”머리를 의미한다.
[From Movies & TV Shows]
- I mean the guy was a little loopy but he hit the nail on the head. (Dave Barry’s Complete Guide to Guys)
- I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. (12 Monkeys)
- You hit the nail on the head, Chris. I’m a fake and a fraud. (Northern Exposure)
- Whoever carries the message has to hit the nail on the head. Come across as too soft, they’ll push us. Too hard, they’ll be cornered and even more dangerous. (Thirteen Days)
- Gerty has hit the nail on the head, in a way that makes Sam feel a little uneasy. Is there something Gerty knows that Sam doesn’t? (Moon)
- Really hit the nail on the head with his 15 rules for your prospects
- He may have been accused of talking nonsense, but @KanyeWest hit the nail on the head today
- Real Time with Bill Maher hit the nail on the head during this ep about the current vaccine debate
- Her prediction last year almost hit the nail on the head (Bloomberg)
- He has hit the nail on the head regarding the problem of academics and the scholarship athlete (NYT)