어제 예문에서 “go bang my against the wall”이라는 문장을 보고 독자님 한분께서 왜 “go banging against”가 아닌 “go bang against …” 라는 질문을 해주셨습니다 왜 go 라는 동사 뒤에 동사 원형 bang 이 바로 나올까요? 문법상으로는 go to bang 또는 go banging이라고 해야할 것같은데…? “Well, let’s go find out together “
- go to VERB 형태로 쓰이는 경우에는 to를 생략할 수 있습니다.
- I go visit my mother on weekends. (“I go to visit…” 에서 to 생략가능 )
- We’ll go see the accountant together. (We’ll go to see…” 에서 to 생략가능)
- He goes to visit his mother on weekends. (NOT “He goes visit his … “)
- We went to see the account together. (NOT “We went see … “”)
- come + 동사원형도 많이 씁니다.
- come get it! (니가 와서 가져가!!)
- can you come pick me up? ( 나 픽업해줄 수 있어?)
- can you come help me here? (여기로 좀 와서 나 좀 도와줘)
- Can you go get a lunch box or something? (This is 40)
- I’m gonna go get a soda. (Clueless)
- we’ll go tell Uncle Henry and Auntie (Wizard of Oz)
- I’m gonna go see if it’s her. (Mud)
- Let’s just pick up our plates and go eat in the hollow castle. (Family Guy)
- He launched hundreds of deals with five words: “Let’s go see the guy.” (Bloomberg)
- Then, on shore, you go eat whale sushi! (NYT)
- I kept saying, ‘If he’s going to die in there, you have to come get me, he can’t die alone.’ (Bloomberg)
- Finally off of work. Don’t mind me while I go drink a pot of coffee.
- Come see the hottest party in daytime!
- damn, somebody come get me from California. I wanna go…
- but before I judge it, let me go see what it’s all about.”
- She had come seeking serious investment dollars
- go see and jokes and magic shows is that there’s
- way. You go see a movie. And it has an unexpected
- Okay, kids, I got to scram, got to go see my cardiologist.”
- In order to access this data, you need to go get this form,
- And so I’ll just go get them.
- And I knew she wouldn’t want me to go get them, so I just did it anyway.
- but we don’t take those opportunities; we teach kids to go get a tutor.
- they’d say, go see if that one flies, would you?
META & CONTEXT
- Is it a slang? No.
- Can I use it in an email? Yes.
- Can I use it in a formal setting? Yes.
- 밑 그래프는 “come get”의 빈도수의 결과입니다. 엄~청 많이 쓰이죠? 특히 대화체에서.
1900년대 초반부터 점점 인기가 많아진 표현이라는 것을 알 수 있다. image source: Google Ngram
- 위에서 언급한 것 처럼 go/come 이 현재형이 아닌 경우에는 to를 생략하면 안됩니다^^