image source: lifeisforkintheroad
인생은 선택의 연속이다.선택은 보통 갈림길로 많이 비유가 되는데… 이 때 자주 등장하는 표현이 있다. “Let’s not go down that road, again…”
- to decide to do something in a particular way
약간 부정적인 느낌이 없잖아있다. 어떤 길을 선택하여 내려갔다가 한번 크게 데여본 적이 있거나, 데인 사람을 볼 때 쓰는 것 같다.
- Do you really want to go down that road again? (Believer)
- The Huxtable’s, Cosby, revolutionary. But that’s dead. We can’t go down that road again. (Bamboozled)
- ELLIE: Can we please not go down that road? (Manchurian)
- DEBBIE: Would we even still be together if I didn’t get pregnant fourteen years ago? PETE: I’m not going to go down that road. (This is 40)
- And I’ve seen a lot of guys go down that road. It’s not a good road to go down. He’s not happy in here, and he should be playing hockey. (Trailer Park Boys)
- If you go down that road, you better be funny. (NYT)
- But it’s the consumer’s choice to go down that road. (Economist)
- “This would be a very long conversation if we go down that road,” he added, smiling (Bloomberg)
- Oh dear. Don’t do it. You’ll be wiped out at the next election if you go down that road.
- The dude who had a crush on me in primary school just posted a vid on fb of him drinking 30 jugs of beer I’m glad I didn’t go down that road.
- I had a good thing. Had a great guy . We probably could’ve been something. But my pride ain’t let me go down that road .
- They can also choose not to do that, but those that go down that road may end up in a similar situation the Wright brothers ended up with early last century, facing forcible measures by government.
META & CONTEXT
- Is it a slang? No.
- Can I use it in an email? Yes.
- Can I use it in a formal setting? Yes.