“제대로 할 것 아니면 때려쳐!!” 를 영어로 어떻게 표현할까? “Unless you are going to put all your energy, just give up..” 이라고 표현해도 되지만, 이 상황에 꼭 들어맞는 미국적인 표현이 있다. “There’s no turning back. Go big or go home“
- an expression the speaker says to the listener to encourage the listener to be extravagant, to go all the way, and do whatever you are doing to its fullest - and not flake out.
- CAL Go big or go home, right, buddy? (Crazy, Stupid, Love)
- You ready for this? Go big or go home. (The Following)
- This is my battle to win, and it’s go big or go home. (Masterchef)
- I mean, this is the finale. Go big or go home. Young man, I think you’re one of the boldest and one of the most craziest It can go two ways. (MasterChef Junior)
- A: you haven’t done a lot of biking? B: No, not a ton.A: But you’re gonna do a triathlon? B:Go big or go home. That’s what my dad always says. (Criminal Minds)
- I’d say go big or go home. And just trust yourself. Whatever your gut instinct is, you’ll probably be right seven or eight times out of 10. (NYT)
- But “go big or go home” has become the motto of cities that want to attract more business travellers. (Economist)
- “As in so many things with the Internet, the nature of our business model was go big or go home,” said Mr. Erickson. (NYT)
- Go big or go home: French artist @JRart takes latest public-exhibit to new heights.
- The big day is here. Game 7. It’s go big or go home, do or die hockey for both teams. It gets no easier than games 5 and 6.
- They say “Go big or go home.” Whats so wrong with going home? Home is where my leftover pizza is and I dont have to wear pants. I like home.
- There’s no turning back. Go big or go home.
META & CONTEXT
- Is it a slang? Yes
- Can I use it in a email? Yes(but only if it’s casual)
- Can I use it in a formal setting? No
- Frequency? 90년대부터 유행하는 신조어라, 매일 쓰는 숙어는 아니다.