- “이 에세이좀 한번만 봐줘“
- “경찰: 오경, 저 방 좀 훑어봐“
- “내가 퇴근하기전에 마지막으로 한번 쭉 볼게“
우리는 인생을 살면서 쭉 훑어봐야 할 때가 은근 많다.
- 친구의 에세이
- 자동차 안
- 소개팅(녀/남) 의 차림새
이럴 때쓰이는 ”이거 한번만 쭉 훑어주세요~” 라는 말을 어떻게 할까?
give somebody/something the once-over
- [Definition] to quickly look at someone or examine something in order to see what they are like
[From Movies & TV Shows]
- In fact, I’ll give the whole upstairs a once-over. And then the downstairs. (Everybody Loves Raymond)
- Ma’am, you mind if we take some time, Give this place a once-Over? (Supernatural)
- My first day at CalSci I stood in this office and Biederman sat right there and he gave me the once-over and he asked (Numb3rs)
- If will give these numbers the once-over, and if they are as good as you say they are You just might be able to take me home from the dance. (Ground Floor)
- Oh yes, it’s definitely a Queen Anne, it’s been given the once-over by experts (Only Fools and Horses)
give the textbook the quick once over
- Give your containers a pre-winter once-over
- TV people, give it a once-over before you post it!
- Give your desk a quick once over. Clutter is mentally exhausting since it restricts your ability to focus & to process info
- YOU walk into a cafe, order a macchiato, give your name to the barista and let him give you the once-over. (NYT)
- I admit I had not read the material you shared and I’ve only just given it a quick once-over even now. (Economist)
- And sure enough, a quick once-over confirmed the worst: two of Mr. Phippen’s trucks were missing. (NYT)