image source: Pinterest
이 Motivation은 Saeryoung Lee님께서 작성해주셨습니다.희노애락의 감정은 삶의 윤활유다. 기분이 좋으면 일이 잘 풀리고 기분이 뚱하면 그냥 아무것도 하기 싫어진다. 감정의 주인이 되어 잘 다스린다면 인생은 아름답고 보람되고 기쁨이 넘칠 것이다.반대로 감정의 노예가 되어 오르락 내리락 거림에 민감하게 영향을 받는다면 인생은 매우 피곤할 것이다. 가끔 지나치게 들떠 어떤 것이 좋다고 또는 나쁘다고 하며 옆에 있는 사람을 붙잡고 시끄럽게 떠들어대는 때가 있다. 이렇게 몹시 흥분하여 ‘감정에 휩쓸려 버리다’를 아래와 같이 표현할 수 있다. “Man, calm daown. Don’t get carried away by your emotion..”
- To be overcome by emotion or enthusiasm (in one’s thinking or actions).
수동태로 쓰인게 재미있다.즉 감정이 화자를 지배하여 그를 어떤 상태A에서 어떤 상태 B로 끌고 갔다고 생각하면 된다.SOME EMOTION carried me from the emotional state A to the emotional state B
-(단축하여 표현하여)–> I got carried away
- But you’re getting a little carried away. (Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs)
- Now, people have become lazy, carried away by consumerism. (Mondovino)
- Maybe l did get a little carried away, but l’ve never had a 24-course meal. (I Dream of Jeannie)
- February love’s gonna find me March, April, May I’ll get carried away (Serendipity)
- Oh, I was carried away by her, enchanted by her, as everyone was. And when I was married, I was told I was the luckiest man in the world. She was so lovely… (Rebecca)
- Easy to Get Carried Away on M&A Activity (Bloomberg)
- Let’s not get carried away in bashing short-termism. (Economist)
- So as you act to combat evil, you wouldn’t want to get carried away by your own righteousness or be seduced by the belief that you are innocent. (NYT)
- Yo I’m sorry if I come across preachy. I just see every animal as equal and I get a bit carried away! Animals are cool. Don’t hurt them
- #Capricorn’s are so often carried away by our own ideas that we do not heed warnings or advice sometimes
- I’d like to apologize for my actions tonight. I got carried away.
- carried away with positive emotions and with wanting to go after a goal that you might
- ♪ don’t get carried away
- was getting very carried away with itself,
- And we got carried away with the rhetoric of punishment.
- Once you start cutting things in half, you kind of get carried away,
- Some people get carried away.
META & CONTEXT
- Is it a slang? No.
- Can I use it in a email? Yes.
- Can I use it in a formal setting? Yes.
- Frequency? A lot