맨하탄의 거리를 걷다가 이런 광고 표지를 봤다.
“We build burgers from the ground up”
햄버거집가계 광고였다. 여기서 from the ground up이라는 뜻이 뭘까?
from the ground up
[Definition] from the very beginning with the basics, foundation, or fundamentals . 기초부터 아예 처음부터
- We must plan our sales campaign carefully from the ground up.
- Sorry, but you’ll have to start all over again from the ground up.
- The company was built from the ground up by two very creative people.
즉 저 햄버거 집은 우리는 여타 회사와 달리 “공장에서 찍어내는 햄버거 제조의,기존의 틀을 깨고 아예 처음부터” 햄버거를 만든다…그래서 fresh 하니 우리집에 와라…라는 마케팅전략을 펼치는 셈이다.
- About building your life from the ground up. (Henry’s Crime)
- My business. Which I built from the ground up. (Burlesque)
- If you think I’m just going to give up this entire company that I built from the ground up (Extract)
- He designed and built the “Titanic” from the ground up. He knew the ship better than anyone. (Ghosts Of The Abyss)
- I’m rebuilding my exhibition from the ground up. I’m going to give the people what they want: sensation, horror, shock. (House Of Wax)
- Shaping a School System, From the Ground Up (NYT)
- Google has roared ahead by designing a driverless car from the ground up. (Economist)
- Fixing Immigration From the Ground Up (NYT)
- And they opted to build the brand from the ground up… (Economist)
- Racism, classism, and total disregard for human life in #Ferguson…this is the society we live in. We need to change it from the ground up.
- Serious about building your business idea from the ground up? Grab a discounted golden ticket here.
- Nothing was ever given built it from the ground up