image source: parkslopeciviccouncil.or
- 재미있는 발상.
- 한번쯤은 생각해볼만한 것.
- 참신한 아이디어.
- 두뇌를 즐겁게 해주는 것.
- 우리 모두 뇌섹남/녀가 되기 위한 일용할 양식.
- something for someone to think about; issues to be considered.
정확한 phrase는 “Food for thought”이다. food for thoughtS라고 하지말자. image source: Google Ngram
- Well… that’s certainly food for thought. (Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension)
- Sidney’s reaction to the mention of Susan’s name gives Steve food for thought. While he waits for Susan to be summoned to the phone, he studies Sidney. (Sweet Smell of Success)
- lt’s nearly midnight, Winston…let me give you some facts and figures, some food for thought. (The Gathering Storm)
- Rob: It made me reflect on how many of them… every day, actually get in. Food for thought. PERSON: I’d never thought of it that way, Rob. (Up Close And Personal)
- Now, while we’re all busy feeling sorry for ourselves, let me give you a little food for thought. (M*A*S*H)
- The new data are more than food for thought; they’re food for action. (Bloomberg)
- Allport’s thoughts on food are indeed food for thought, especially when she crosses the line between science and speculation. (NYT)
- Clearly, the relationship is more complicated than that, but it certainly gives some (low-cal) food for thought. (Bloomberg)
- Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Food for thought.
- That has certainly given me food for thought.
- this is a story about giving everything we had to achieve something that hadn’t been done before. So I hope in that you might find some food for thought.
META & CONTEXT
- Is it a slang? No.
- Can I use it in an email? Yes.
- Can I use it in a formal setting? Yes.
- Frequency? A lot