* 상황극 *
수업에 빠졌다. 그런데 친구 Dan이 수업 무슨내용이였는지 이메일로 정리를 잘 해줬다.
“자세하게 갈켜줘서 고맙다고” 고마움을 표현하고싶은데, 뭐라고 답장해야할까
- Thank you for summarizing the lecture in detail
- Thank you for everything
- Thank you for the information
등 다 되긴하는데, 이것보다 더 concise하고 이런 상황에 자주쓰이는 표현이 있으니….
Fill someone in :
[Definition] to tell someone the details about someone or something.
- Please fill me in on what happened last night.
- Please fill in the committee on the details.
[From Movies & TV Shows]
- Okay, you got to fill me in on this mile business (Up in the Air Script)
- Fill me in. Did Cullen’s assistant admit to the affair? (Devil’s Advocate)
- Fill me in on your patients. (ER)
- A: Will someone please fill me in? B: Well, you see, Peg, it all started with Mr. Smithers’s mother-in-law. (Desk Set)
- John, you wanna fill me in on your plans?(Space Truckers)
- Danny, please, you gotta fill me in. What are you talking about? (Singing Detective)
- I’d appreciate it if you could both fill me in on exactly what happened. (Dynasty)
- They have been filling me in on their short, eventful history. (NYT)
- It’s a mystery to me why that is — maybe some economist can fill me in? (Ecnomoist)
- Thank you Nina for filling me in on the weather for the next seven days
- Now I know why my wedges have scratches and grass stains all over them.. thanks forfilling me in
- Yes, thanks a lot Jeremy for filling me in on this.
보통 thank you for…이나 please… 뒤에 따라온다