- [Definition] dress buoyantly and high class. Dressed to perfection.
우아하고 멋지게 잘 차려입고가는 상황을 상상해보라. 결혼식, 연회, 시사회, 등등 상황에 자주 등장하는 표현이다.
- Wow, these dogs are dressed to the nines. It’s like they’re going to dance at the White House.(King of the Hill)
- Friday night, we’re gonna get dressed to the nines, get picked up in a limo, and have a fabulous romantic dinner. (The Looney Tunes Show)
- No one is sick or infected here. I mean, I assumed that, based on you walking in here dressed to the nines offering apologies masquerading as explanation (The X Files)
- Just after ten, I was dressed to the nines at Brasserie Eight And A Half. (Sex and the City)
- How did we both show up dressed to the nines to a backyard barbecue? [Laughter] (Single Ladies)
- Everyone is welcome — married couples and anyone looking to get dressed to the nines (Bloomberg)
- Then look at what the same students look like when they go out at night; dressed to the nines with intentions to impress. (Economist)
- On nights and weekends, Mr. Shabazz headed to Times Square, which drew people, often dressed to the nines, from all over the city. (NYT)
- What a great #Easter Sunday. I love days off work and going out dressed to the nines.
- Just saw my neighbors and their three gorgeous daughters dressed to the nines, heading off to Mass. They looked so nice!
- As a general statement… Y’all look so pretty today.. All dressed to the nines and such
- They were dressed to the nines
dressed to the nine에서 dresseD 인것과 nineS를 까먹지 말자.
query: “dressed to the nines”
Source: Davies, Mark. (2008-) The Corpus of Contemporary American English: 450 million words, 1990-present. Available online at http://corpus.byu.edu/coca/.