살다보면 서로 다른 것에서 장점들만 동시에 얻을 수 있을 때가 있는데, 이런 상태를 영어로 뭐하고 할까?
“Best of both worlds”
have best of both worlds : a situation wherein one can enjoy two different opportunities. (*Typically: enjoy ~; have ~; live in ~.)
- When Don was a fellow at the university, he had the privileges of a professor and the freedom of a student. He had the best of both worlds.
- Donna hated to have to choose between retirement and continuing working. She wanted to do both so she could live in the best of both worlds.
- Join me and have the best of both worlds ( priest Script)
- The future of our race runs through your bloodstream. You’ve got the best of both worlds, Blade. ( Blade )
- We get the best of both worlds. The fastest reflexes possible today… …computer-assisted memory… …and a lifetime of on-the-street officer programming. ( Robocop)
- It really looks so awfully like trying to have the best of both worlds. ( The Winslow Boy )
- No, you’re gettin’ the best of both worlds. The old and the new Stan Ross. Team player, baby. ( Mr. 3000 )
- Convert Handwritten Notes to Digital Text For The Best of Both Worlds
- Clippers being sold, Donald Sterling is filing $1 bil lawsuit, so this is best of both worlds, new owner and crazy Donald still around!
- Having curly hair is the best of both worlds, you have the option to wear it straight or natural