image source: iquit-smoking
가령 이런 문장이 있다고 하자 (참고: 원본 글은 훨씬 좋으나, 필자가 예를 들기 위하여 “싸구려화”” 한 것이다 ).“When a writer’s education on a topic consists in interviewing an expert, it is easy for him to offer generalizations that are banal, obtuse, or wrong.“밑줄친 부분을 어떻게 effective하게 바꿀수 있을까?
- it is likely that he offers..
- he has a tendency to offer
- he is going to offer
- Having a tendency to do something
- He also has Tourette’s Syndrome and is apt to yell his two chosen swear words every now and then, first fuck! and after a slight pause, ass! (Boomdock)
- People are less apt to laugh these days (Jacob’s Ladder)
- But when you’re treated like a patient long enough, you’re apt to act like one… (Frances Script)
- You’re apt to catch cold in this dank cave.(Batman: The Animated Series)
- Sometimes I’m apt to forget what we’ve left behind. (Rawhide)
- When a writer’s education on a topic consists in interviewing an expert, he is apt to offer generalizations that are banal, obtuse or flat wrong. (NYT)
- WHEN a space opens in the next lane of the choked streets of Lagos, the bustling commercial capital of Nigeria, even a careful driver is apt to surge forward (Economist)
- As with 9⁄11, the reverbations of the Charlie Hebdo attacks are apt to be as powerful as the event itself, or more so. (Bloomberg)
- #SuccessToMe is not killing any co-workers before noon on Monday for doing something moronic which they are apt to do!
- You’re more apt to remember a story being told than a fact-Holly Klingler
- “If a person admires you a lot you despise them and don’t care- and it is the person who doesn’t notice you that you are apt to admire“
- because they are more apt to look outward
- that people are apt to make in the moral sphere.
META & CONTEXT
- Is it a slang? No.
- Can I use it in an email? Yes.
- Can I use it in a formal setting? Yes.
- Frequency? A LOT