“시작부터 “를 영어로 어떻게 할까?
From the beginning… 또는 from the start
이라고 할수 있겠지만, 이 표현들 이외에 은근 자주쓰이는 표현이 있다.
At the outset
[Definition] at the very beginning.
- At the outset, we were told everything we had to do.
- I learned at the outset of the project that I was to lead it.
- not only to claim them at the outset for public use,
- Now, as I suggested at the outset,
- I mentioned at the outset
- But, from the outset, it was obvious
- So, I do want to say, at the outset, that I think compassion’s great.
- Remember the second question that I raised at the outset was,
- Now, at the outset, I want to be very clear
- I need to make a confession at the outset here.
- At the outset, AT&T had wanted
[From Movies & TV Shows]
- Let it be clear at the outset that all matters pertaining to this inquiry are confidential, and anyone discussing them outside this chamber will be held in contempt of the Tribunal. (Planet of the Apes)
- As long as your soldiers attack civilians, I will order the shooting of your officers at the outset of every engagement. (Patriot)
- My name is Timothy Nazlerod… and l hope we can be friends. l have to tell you at the outset that this is not a pretty case. (Serial Mom)
- You honor, let me make it clear at the outset that this is not a witch hunt. (Daria)
- I’ve gotta warn you at the outset. (Cheers)
- At the outset, pro-union businessmen and politicians warned that separation would lead to high public debts and imperil NAFTA and jobs. (Economist)
- The biggest cloud over his re-election bid at the outset was his health. (Economist)
- He makes his thesis clear at the outset: The history of money is one of oscillation between “periods of monetary chaos,” when governments issue fiat currency, and “periods of relative order,” when currencies are linked to gold. (NYT)