“너 ㅁㅁㅁ할래? “라고 제안을 어떻게 할까
Are you up for SOMETHING? 이라고 할수 있다.
Are you down for SOMETHING 이라고 해도 의미는 똑같다.
be up for SOMETHING
- Are you up for the challenge?
- Are you up for the #IceDunkChallenge?
- Are you up for a game before we release it?
- Roads or trails? What type of cycling are you up for this summer?
be down for SOMETHING
- “Are you down for Taco Tuesday?” – the most important text I’m sending today
- Are you down for the struggle AND the snuggle? #ActivistPickUpLines
- are you down for an adventure
- I’m down for a cupcake. Are you down for a cupcake? Because I’m down for a cupcake.
- Are you down for some Krispy Kreme? (Beauty Shop)
- Are you up for this? Yes. Good. Because if you wuss out, you’re gonna have me to deal with, You got it? (The Vampire Diaries)
- Are you up for another 16 hours of this? (Ultimate Force)
- You know, the-the, uh, pay’s not great but the work is hard. Are you up for it? (Black Books)
- Are you up for a little quest, Donkey? (Shrek2)
1. be up for something이 표준어이고 be down for something 은 은어로 시작해서 의미가 바뀐 케이스다.
2. Quora 에서 Greg Strange가 자세한 답변을 해놓았는데, 어떻게 의미가 변화되었는지 관심있으신분은 읽어보길 강력 추천한다.
3. 이번 호를 작성하다가 알게 된 사실인데, “Are you up for the challenge?”이라는 표현은 거의 숙어처럼 자주 쓰인다.