image source: twinversity
이 Motivation은 Saeryoung Lee님께서 작성해주셨습니다.A는 B를 닮았다라고 할 때, 사물이나 사건의 외형이 아닌 내면의 성질이나 성격이 비슷하다고 말하고 싶다면?
- A is like B.
- A is very similar to B.
- A resembles B.
- Having a similar quality or character; analogous.
- Of the same kin; related by blood.
마치 혈연적인 관계처럼, 같은 피가 흐르듯이, A와 B는 그렇게 비슷하다라고 볼 수 있겠다.
- Sam hesitates, momentarily at a loss, then turns to Jimmy, who seems to regard Kelly with something akin to physical pain. (Wild Things)
- Emilio is watching Estrella and Martin with something akin to bored amusement. (Searchers)
- David Rasmussen is the majority leader, which means he’s one step above me and one below Birch, which is akin to being between a very hungry wolf and a very quarrelsome sheep. (House of Cards)
- It reveals a condition akin to a disease, that spreads like an epidemic, and like an epidemic, a quarantine is necessary to keep it from infecting this nation. (Cold War)
- Well, thanks to Homeland Security being on a college campus is akin to wearing an electronic ankle bracelet. (Smallville)
- Without the lines at retail locations that usually accompany an Apple new-product release, the watch’s introduction was more akin to a fashion debut. (Bloomberg)
- Robotics: An artificial exoskeleton, akin to a pair of robotic trousers, promises to bring hope and dignity to paraplegics by letting them walk. (Economist)
- “Money has become akin to God in the current situation,” Huber told daily Berliner Zeitung. (NYT)
- summer fashion tip: roll up the legs of your male capri pants to experience even swifter movement and a style and courage akin to robin hood
- you know when you’ve been lusting after a lipstick forever and finally find it I feel like this is akin to being reunited w long lost family
- Rosie Batty says domestic violence should be seen as akin to terrorism.
- and one below Birch, which is akin to being between a very hungry wolf
- is akin to believing in fairies
- Doing nothing at work is akin to masturbating at work;
- something akin to the Marshall Plan.
- is akin to saying that you want to win the Powerball when you grow up.
- that we start to see structures akin to a penis
- much akin to what we have with our hands.
- It is more akin to a Swiss army knife
- akin to Jim Cameron’s “Avatar.”
- was to convert it to something much more akin to ice cream.
- are akin to scientific quantities,
- that does not have feelings akin to their own. Anything, I think,
META & CONTEXT
- Is it a slang? No
- Can I use it in a email? Yes
- Can I use it in a formal setting? Yes
- Frequency? A LOT