- “이게 아마 XXX일껄? 그냥 때려 맞추는 거야“
인생을 살면서 무엇을 하기위해 필요한 모든 정보가 다 있으면 얼마나 좋을까?
하지만 현실은 그렇지 않다. 불충분한 정보를 가지고 무언가 해야할 때 쓰기 좋은 표현이 있는데…
a shot in the dark
- [Definition] Fig. a very general attempt; a wild guess.
- I’m taking a shot in the dark, here. I can offer you 32,000 a year, a Buick. (Antitrust)
- It’s a shot in the dark, but it’s strong and it’s attractive. (Faces)
- It’s a shot in the dark, but I’ll go with real. (Poolhall Junkies)
- You read minds, or was that a shot in the dark? (The Hidden)
- Just a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if… I don’t know, maybe you’d like to go chase a few sticks by moonlight. (Balto)
- It’s a shot in the dark but I’ll make it
[From Email] - 실제 이메일 주고받은 내용
- I didn’t actually test this, so it is simply a shot in the dark, but it might be a good place to start.
- I’m guessing it’s XXX, but that’s a complete shot in the dark.
- In the meantime, Mr. Scharping is trying to sell himself to voters as a new face who is not a shot in the dark. (NYT)
- “It was a shot in the dark. But they quickly grasped the reality and paid a premium.” (NYT)