연애초반에 괜히 관심 없는척하는 행동을 보통 ”튕귄다”또는 “밀당한다” 라고 표현을 하는데…
이러한 유니버셜한 현상을 영어로는 뭐라고할까?
play hard to get:
Definition: to pretend that you are less interested in someone than you really are as a way of making them more interested in you, especially at the start of a romantic relationship (often in continuous tenses)
- Why don’t you return any of his calls? Are you playing hard to get?
Google search suggestion: 튕기는법; 여자애 한테 튕기는 법, 남자친구한테 튕기는법, 예전에 사귀었던사람한테 튕기는법, 남자한테 튕기는법, 문자로 튕기는법
- Well, first, you must play hard to get. If it is too easy, he loses interest. He must feel that he is, uh, a hunter, and you are a beautiful wild animal he is hunting. ( The Man Who Cried )
- Come on, don’t play hard to get, tell me. ( What Just Happened)
- You know sometimes people play hard to get because they need to know the other person’s feelings are real. ( One Tree Hill)
- Sometimes you got to play hard to get. Cold and detached is a very powerful aphrodisiac, babe. So is abstinence. You want to try it? (Chuck)
- Don’t play hard to get with a man who’s hard to get. (Sex and the City)